Saturday, December 27, 2014

meeting with the general young mens' board

k, so i haven't blogged in a while, and kind of forgot how to. But last week I got an opportunity to go with Elliot, Ethan, and Andrew, to talk with the general young mens' board, about how to improve the young mens' organization. Then of course my mom said "hey why don't you blog about it." My first reaction was, "I have a blog, interesting tell me more." but then I remembered and I am ready for my first post in about 2 years.
               
                    So the first thing we did when we got to the church office building was ride the elevator. It was pretty fun to go up 345 feet in 10 seconds. (Yes I actually calculated how high the 23rd floor was, with only a little help from mankind's most boss resource, the internet.) Then they locked us in a room with nothing but a window, #threehundredandfortyfivefootview, a table, and a hidden white board. Oh and 2 iPods and a DS, a scout is prepared right? so we weren't actually locked in, and it wasn't too terrible,  we played hangman and Ethan ::cough:: touched a printer and ::cough:: turned it on ::cough:: I mean what? After that we ate tons of food....

                   Then we started the part of the meeting kids could be in, and we split up into 4 teams and were each given a fake kid. So like we had a picture, and a bio of the kid, it wasn't a robot. For those of you who, never-mind. Anyways we brainstormed a bunch of ways to help the kid get more active, and them regrouped, and wrapped up. The End. Oh wait, we ran a little late (30 minutes) and got locked inside the building. The Real End.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fun post about a really cool, unique experience. Thanks for sharing it! Oh, and nice work on figuring out the elevator math. ;-)

    ReplyDelete